Since the Coronavirus outbreak, our office has made the care and safety of our patients and staff our number one priority. We have implemented a number of changes to our cleaning and sterilization protocols, our patient care protocols, and our schedule in order to provide a safe environment for dental treatment. Below is a list of some of the changes we have made to accomplish this goal:
- We have installed Surgically and Medically Clean air units in all our treatment rooms as well as in a central location in our office to sterilize the air in both treatment and waiting rooms continuously.
- We use a Hypochlorous acid “Fogging” solution in our treatment rooms after each patient in order to remove any remaining Coronavirus partials from the air.
- We now have a virtual waiting room and will ask all patient to wait in their cars until we are completely ready to see you. We are asking that no guests accompany you to your appointments unless they are a necessary caregiver or guardian.
- We have allowed for additional cleaning and disinfection time between patients.
- We take the temperatures of all our staff daily and screen all patients prior to their appointments as well as when they arrive with a series of questions, a temperature check and a pulse oximeter check.
- We have plexiglass barriers at our front desk to help with social distancing.
- All our staff wear a mask at all times while at the office.
- We clean high touch surfaces often with hospital grade disinfectant.
As a result of these changes we have been able to practice in our office safely since June and hope to be able to continue to provide excellent care and service to all our patients in the safest environment possible. We thank you for your continued loyalty. If you have any additional questions about our new office protocols, please do not hesitate to call our office!