The iTero™ Intraoral Scanner is the newest scanner on the market for digital impression taking for the fabrication of crowns, bridges, and other appliances such as Invisalign and retainers.The scanner replaces the need for traditional impression material that was previously used in the fabrication of oral prosthetics and appliances.Using this scanner also provides a significantly higher degree of precision and comfort.
The scanner employs incredibly precise imaging technology capable of capturing even the smallest details about the patient’s mouth.The data from the images is transformed into a 3D model that can be used to fabricate prosthetics or appliances.
The scanner allows for impressions that:
- Are more accurate than other methods can provide.
- Tend to be faster to record.
- Are less prone to errors.
- Require fewer retakes than other methods.
- Create more accurate prosthetic devices that require less fine tuning.
- Can be used to create devices faster due to the lack of needed modeling.
- Tend to allow for a higher degree of comfort to the patient and care provider.
Finally, when used for Invisalign, the scanner has the ability to simulate an outcome for the patient in less than 5 minutes so that the patient is better able to visualize their teeth in a straighter position and therefore can make more informed decisions about the treatment.